View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 13, 2022, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoatman View Post
100% agree. Crime was at decades low with Rahm in office. He wasn't perfect, but he was the centrist, law and order democrat Chicago needed. Which I think Vallas can be the continuation of that. Progressives hated Rahm because he refused to bend over to their wing of the democrat party. CPD needs to stop being handcuffed and be able to do their job efficiently. Definitely need a new police chief. No more leaders who pander to woke white liberals who say dumb shit like "defund the police" meanwhile they live in safe neighborhoods LOL. It's funny cause when the protestors came to Englewood shouting that BS, the Englewood residents told them to GTFO. It's like the people residing in these dangerous neighborhoods want proactive policing that keeps crime low
You can only argue the crime was less bad with Rahm and even then the statement you made before this one was still very true with him. The Laquan Mcdonald situation didn't exactly do him any favors.

FTR, I would love a tough on crime mayor, but I can't exactly trust the candidates to provide that nor I am sure if enough voters want it.

Last edited by ChiMIchael; Dec 13, 2022 at 5:46 PM.