View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 11:33 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. View Post
I kind of wish some school boards outsourced their classes to professors in India. Honestly, there are a ton of Americans that just use schools as expensive daycares and are mad they can't drop their kids off to be babysitted from 7-5pm. Not everyone of course, but it is a segment of the population, unfortunately. Learn From Home could probably provide a better education in some of the Nation's shittiest school districts (I'm looking at you New Jersey) and would weaken the teacher's unions that are more concerned milking tax dollars than educating students. Put it up for vote.
If they did that, nobody would pass! Professor Jhunjhunwala would give those kids 4 hours of home work a day and have a rigorous, and with no half credit or no curve exam compromising of MIT level math problems. And we are talking 5th grade here. The only kids that would find it normal are your East Asian transfers and well, Indian kids.

Now, they would come out smarter, be able to read and write and do math along with scientific analysis. I think its a great idea!

Would love to be a fly on the wall during parent-teacher conference. When Professor Jhunjhunwala tells the parents that their kids aren't applying themselves and the parents flip out.

NJ has great school districts so long as one is not in a city school and especially if its in the inner city.