View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2021, 11:49 PM

Once we all know there's a vaccine that will probably prevent covid but also a pill that will keep us out of the hospital for nearly certain if we do get it, it becomes less and less sensible to force draconian measures on people although I continue to believe in the "layered defense": Do everything that doesn't seem especially inconvenient/burdensome to you personally to not get it. That means I personally will likely continue to slap a KN95 on my face when entering a store but I will no longer expect everybody else there to do the same. I just am so used to doing it, it doesn't seem an issue for me. I don't think it should be for anyone but I realize others believe it's about their "freedom".

But it will also be time for businesses to bring everybody back to the office if they think their business will be enhanced by doing so. And I support making everybody get vaccinated if that passes muster in the courts--to me this is in no way "draconian". It's just stupid not to be vaccinated and I can't support a right to be stupid if it impacts others which it does.

People who think otherwise can find jobs where either there are fewer than 100 employees and mandates don't apply or they can work from home almost exclusively. Or they can get tested twice a week at their own expense (hopefully).