View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via Chicago View Post
i think its just the overall design scheme. looks very much in spirit like the sorts of loop office buildings we've gotten the past 10 years or so. i dont know if theres necessary anything wrong with that, but at the end of the day it looks pretty generic and phoned in at this point in time. i guess corporate firms love boring and inoffensive.

even the lobby is like a mashup of 155 n wacker and a couple other newer buildings. the loop is kind of blending together into one indecipherable blue blob at this point for me.

i do like the new riverwalk treatment, but i will also miss General Growth which if nothing else at this point in time, actually manages to stand out in a sea of sameness
Well it's a similar design language to every other Goettsch designed office tower in the loop. 150 N Riverside, UBS tower, 155 N Wacker and 111 S Wacker. Everything from the lobby curtain wall to the way the elevator bays meet the curtain wall to the silver fins and blue glass I could have guessed before they ever released a rendering.
That's actually a good thing in one sense as they learn from each iteration but it's feeling ubiquitous.