View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 27, 2022, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
there's been a massive race track facility there attracting tens of thousands or people every summer weekend for nearly a century (since 1927).

i think the folks out that way are somewhat used to it by now.

yeah, a bears gameday will be a much bigger deal, and some folks will certainly grumble about that (some folks will grumble about absolutely any and every thing), but i think the bears see the AH site as the path of least (suburban) resistance because the race track has already been there for so long (and it's freaking HUGE at 326 acres!)

as a fan of the former race track, i'm actually way more bitter about the loss of the track than i am about the bears leaving the city.
A couple thousand people attending a casual racetrack is a lot less than 80/90k people for one game. As Tom pointed out, it's only a handful of days out of the year, so I personally wouldn't care if I lived there. I lived close to the Broncos stadium in Denver, and I would just avoid driving/Ubers on gamedays if I could. I barely noticed it personally. But we know how NIMBYs can be...... Doesn't matter anyways as it's going to be their problem