View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 7:29 AM
The Moon Rulez! #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
I'm less concerned about the planning aspects of the skybridge and more concerned with the architectural consequences. It will be very weird to have a skybridge flying over the Ernie Banks statue and plugging into the facade. I think this compromises the historic appearance of the stadium far more than the advertisements do.

If the Ricketts were to propose (and fund) a pedway, I'd be all for it. I really don't care whether tourists mix with the hoi palloi on the street or not.

The new office building on the triangular plot of land West of the park is going to be connected directly to the ball park by two sky bridges that will hang over the Seminary Promenade between the office building and stadium. This was in the renderings released at the convention. The hotel sky bridge will most likely link to the roof of the office buidling as well. I have a feeling the top of the office building is going to be open space for concessions and seating for people to picnic. Hopefully the two new buildings will compliment Wrigley. I'm hoping for a white terracotta brick exterior.

Last edited by Neuman; Apr 18, 2013 at 7:50 AM.