View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 3:43 PM
Show me the blueprints

Like mentioned before, a lakefront stadium at South Works would look awesome, but wouldn't necessarily be ideal for a number of reasons nor meet the Bears other goals or requirements, largest of which is their need for year round revenue from a stadium being part of a multi-use campus. South Works has wonderful potential, but I'm not sure its isolated location, geographically surrounded by economically struggling neighborhoods is at all the kind of site that would be desirable for sports, entertainment, convention, amusement or retail activity.

It's for this reason that I've mentioned the concept of a stadium anchored mega-development being near O'Hare, specifically at a completely redeveloped area adjacent to the Cumberland Blue Line bounded by the Kennedy, Cumberland, Higgins and River Rd. With a little imagination you could see how the ramp cloverleaves of the interchange could be capped with parking to fulfill the tailgate culture aspect of football with maybe a short gondola to other lot areas or even a gondola over the forest preserve to Rosemont. The entire thing could be an integrated mega-development and do wonders to fix the suburban mess that is currently haphazardly developed in the area.

Another potential site would be Rosemont itself, with transit connections from both Blue and Metra North Central Service. This would require huge multi-partner cooperation to dramatically redevelop much of the nonsense north of Balmoral built in the last 30 years. But just imagine the potential if this area could be radically changed to be a more urban mixed use attraction anchored by a new stadium, convention, retail, entertainment, hospitality, etc.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding