View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 25, 2021, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post
This map does not show all of the San Fernando Valley especially the southern end by Woodland Hills Encino Tarzana studio city etc. The southern end, and especially the west valley is very ethnic white, Jewish, Persians, and Armenians, a lot of Kim Kardashian types but not as rich, most like fake rich. Anyway the map shows a lot of the interior parts which are mostly Hispanic or Latino.

In my opinion from what I’ve seen living in both the San Fernando Valley and San Gabriel Valley, there are more Black people in the San Fernando Valley, we just don’t have any large black neighborhoods as most live among the other races. What we do lack is a huge Asian population in the San Fernando Valley. Also good Asian food is hard to fine over here, I truly believe the San Gabriel Valley has better Mexican and Asian food. Now if you’re looking for Armenian, Mediterranean and Persian cuisine than that everywhere here in the SFV.
I don't agree Asian food is bad in the SFV. Some of the best Indian in the metro is in Winnekta, where there is a sizeable Indian population. The SFV is far more interesting than people give it credit for, people just constantly compare to central and West LA, which isn't really fair. But it is what it is. There's stretches of restaurant corridors with countless cusines on them, I would think only Queens or something is comparable. But tourists wouldn't really notice this, as these aren't in tourists areas.

The black population is peppered around the Valley. It's not one neighborhood per se. I'd say they're intergerated into white/hispanic areas.