View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2023, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny D Oh View Post
Detroit is a weird one to me. I'd rather have more flights to Phoenix, Atlanta, Chicago, New York, Denver, Los Angeles.
Considering Phoenix has been around forever there is likely fairly strong data on the type of passengers. As PHX is an American Airlines hub and not a Delta hub that is likely a factor for WestJet.

Along those same lines ORD in Chicago hubs both American and United but not Delta.

Denver is a United hub and they are actively in the process of doing a major renovation and bringing back cities and adding ones that never had routes before. My bet is United starts YWG back up soon.

New York is so heavily slot constrained it is unlikely for YWG to get a direct flight. We simply lack the volume of high fare paying customers to justify slots.

We currently have LA and Atlanta, both Delta hubs, and demand for LA has been strong but not sure there is enough demand to justify adding flights.

What is interesting about Detroit is that it is a Delta hub city. While it may not be a hot destination for travel for YWG on its own it definitely could make connections to the American north-east, including New York City, easier.