View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 17, 2021, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
2 things kill this building for me, and ultimately cause me to give it a thumbs down.

1st is the blow-through floor near the top. I don't even understand the need for these floors. If they are necessary, why don't we see them on all the other supertalls in Chicago and elsewhere? Other than 432 Park in NYC I can't think of any other supertalls that have this, and that tower integrates them much better than Vista does. It also wasn't shown in the renders so feels like a total bait and switch.

2nd is the black strip about halfway up the tower on one side, quoted in the picture above, along with that much smaller black strip about 3/4 of the way up. It's a graceless solution and again, another negative surprise from my expectations.

Overall this building had an opportunity to be great, but instead ended up a sloppy mess that will forever mar Chicago's skyline going forward. I would also argue that the top section gets too thin compared to the other supertalls in the city. It just doesn't fit. Chicago deserved better.