View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 11, 2022, 3:53 PM
Inveterate Angeleno

The connection with the extension over World Way wouldn’t be the entire building but more of a “flask” perhaps double or triple the width of the people mover bridges. The other option is building the connection underground.

Regarding airline lounges, is gate proximity more valuable than offering lounges that are “decked out” (like a cruise ship) and spacious as hell? I’m talking private suites (for every party at any given time), variety of food and drink options, etc… lots of gimmicks. As I said before, LAX is so compact that these extensions that I’m proposing are where most other airports have their lounges in relation to their respective concourses.

And you would construct it as part of the same grand master plan, which includes rebuilding all the terminals. At the end of the day, people don’t choose which airline to fly with based on the terminal. What I’m proposing is decades away anyway, possible only once there are enough gates to shut down one of the current terminals.

The bottom line…

LAX needs and quite frankly deserves the best, as we have no true secondary airport. Neither Burbank nor Long Beach can provide relief. There’s Ontario, but we need CAHSR access and better Metrolink service before that can be a viable option for LA County residents.

— Jerome Bruner