View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 29, 2021, 2:57 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Catholic schools had plummeting enrollment during the pandemic, and much worse than public schools. So parents generally didn't share your perspective.

My sister has all her kids in a Catholic elementary, and there were most certainly "big issues" with remote learning. It was a mess.
Every school and every system is different.

My kids were in private high school when the pandemic hit.

Online learning which they had never experimented with before got off the ground very quickly and we actually didn't miss that many days.

This was of course helped by the fact that it's a private school with lots of resources and that basically every kid had a fast Internet connection at home and a computer or iPad.

At least here our public schools got out of the gate much more slowly with online learning and even when it was up and running student assiduity and follow-up wasn't really up to snuff.

For a lot of my kids' friends who go to public school March to June 2020 was basically a write-off in terms of their learning.

Starting in Sept. 2020 it was a bit better as they had the summer to work out a lot of kinks.

It is what it is.