View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 4:13 PM

I'm not a fan of cross-harbor, at all. Funding should be prioritized to transit for humans, not goods.

There are a billion passenger transit needs in the tri-state. Off the top of my head, full buildout of Second Avenue Subway, including Third Ave. extension in the Bronx, Utica Ave. and/or Nostrand Ave. subway extensions in Brooklyn, 7 train extension to NJ, Hudson Tunnel Project, West Side Amtrak line for Metro North, new East Bronx/Hellgate Metro North, Interborough Line, and electrification of a number of suburban commuter rail lines, extending electrification further out, and adding third/fourth tracks on certain commuter corridors like the Harlem Line around White Plains, new rail service over the Cuomo bridge, BRT corridors all over the tri-state, a number of new commuter lines in NJ and CT, like the Scranton extension, and the Monmouth-Ocean extension, and the West Trenton extension, light rail between Newark and Paterson, Bergen County light rail, PATH expansion, new PABT terminal, etc.

I think that's plenty to keep us occupied for the next 20-30 years. We'll have electric, self driving delivery vehicles and vastly expanded drone technology within 10-15 years. Package delivery and idling trucks will be much less of an issue.