View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 4:55 PM

I went to the game on Friday (no W sadly), and went in prepared to absolutely hate the video board in left field. I was convinced it was going to be obnoxious and distracting, running loud Budweiser commercials and silly games between innings.

But instead I was very impressed. Our seats on the 1st base line faced it directly, and what you see on TV doesn't do it justice. For a day game at least, it didn't look like a TV screen. It looked like a static painted wall. The green and white blended perfectly with the existing scoreboard. And except for replays it was completely static. No moving ads, just static pictures of the players with their stats. Not distracting at all, just like a regular billboard. Very clean and classy.

Not sure about night games, when the glow of the screen would be noticeable as opposed to in sunlight. Anyone have a night game experience?

My one complaint which does still hold is that it shouldn't have been bigger than the old scoreboard. Left field should have been the same size as the smaller one in right. But oh well.

P.S. One funny moment was when the Padres hit a homerun into the empty bleachers and the fans behind us were screaming "Throw it back! Why won't you throw it back?"

Last edited by aaron38; Apr 22, 2015 at 7:19 PM.