yeah, i dont think so....

Circulation

Winnipeg Free Press
Monday to Friday 117,966
Saturday 162,314

Winnipeg Sun
Monday to Friday 40,031
Saturday 38,992

since the free press is the most successful newspaper in its market in the country, i would suggest that most winnipeggers dont agree with your assessment.
I totally disagree..

Almost everyone I know, myself inclusive, would say that the Plum Coulee Times has harder hitting journalism than the Press Free.

This is indeed quite sad considering the Free Press was once one of the premier metropolitan dailies in the nation. In fact we were important enough that the Free Press and Tribune could make or break the careers of Hollywood Star's in Canada.

In fact, few of you would probably know this but back in the day (1961 to be exact) the Free Press almost destroyed Barbara Streisand's career. She hasn't been back to Winnipeg since. =)

The young teenage singer had a gig here in the city and was booed off the stage at the Town 'n Country club.

A Free Press reporter followed Streisand to her next gig in Chicago and at the press conference asked Barbara in a smug voice "Heyyy Barrrbaraa when you coming back to Winnipeg!?"

Apparently she broke down in tears and left the interview.

Of course that was back in the days when Winnipeg was an important city, with two big city papers (the Tribune, and the Free Press).

Today we just have the small times gazette, with bleeding hearts like Gord Sinclair publicly weeping about the belly button flint he through away.

Last edited by Only The Lonely..; Apr 7, 2007 at 3:55 AM.