Thread: My Los Ángeles
View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2021, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
Thanks for your comments, citywatch.

I beg to differ, however, on food looking similar throughout the country.

Here's a picture I took of a chicken breast salad in a neighboring state at the end of 2019; before clicking the link, think of the image you might have of a chicken breast salad, and then click the link: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...72c81f51_b.jpg

Aren't you like, 'WTF??' Look what they did to the chicken breast. And cheddar cheese?? What the hell?!? It's a mess.

And have you ever had Mexican food in Wisconsin? Here's a yelper's picture of "authentic" Mexican food in Wisconsin: https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bph...myCGHHzA/o.jpg

Look at those chips. And the yelper referred to that white stuff as "salsa blanca." What the fuck is that?? Like ranch dressing or something? Isn't it appalling?

I named this thread "My Los Ángeles." I post pictures of what I see in *MY* Los Ángeles. The food. The people. The landscapes. The art. Things I love and appreciate and connect with in my county. Things that stimulate my senses. My Los Ángeles.
What a pretentious post

I definitely find your people photos to be odd and intrusive. I don't mind the food pics, but it does come off like you're trying to boast about how worldly and cosmopolitan your tastes are. I'm not really sure what was wrong with the salad you posted, but I'm sure you could be served something similar at a greasy spoon type of place in LA.

40% of Milwaukee is Hispanic, be sure to tell them there's no authentic Mexican food in Wisconsin. Your post feels just like those periodic New York hit pieces on LA. Declaring it a vapid suburb pretending to be a city with no culture and shitty pizza. People who act like that are usually doing so out of insecurity.

I like seeing your photos of different LA neighborhoods, but this whole post was just gross.

Last edited by edale; May 4, 2021 at 6:07 PM.