View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 4:06 PM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Forumer View Post
That is one huge garage... i wonder what is the biggest one in houston?
Maybe 1311 Louisiana? That one is 16 levels.

Before that one was built, I probably would have guessed the one off Fannin across from The Woman's Hospital of Texas. I think it's about 14-15 levels. It was built at the same time the University Medical Plaza was built in the early 2000s, when they had built their first 10 story building and were planning to build a second 10-story building, but it never happened.
To me, it used to have one of the best views of Downtown Houston, but as the years have gone by and the TMC has gotten taller and towers have filled in elsewhere, it has diminished. It does have one of the best views over the western skylines - I know you can see Some of Memorial City, Westchase, Uptown, Greenway/Upper Kirby and Montrose's emerging cluster. To the east, you can see UofH and there's a pretty good view of the refineries near the Port of Houston as well.

Walker @ Main isn't the biggest - it's about the same size (14 or 15 levels) but it has some good memories from a few years back. Was able to get a lot of great shots when 811 Main was under construction.

The 11-story Sterling Garage that was added a few years back when the Sarofim Pavilion was built at Memorial Hermann is a favorite of mine. The ramp to get in is on an insane incline... but the view from the top is amazing. It's hard to get a good grasp of the density of the TMC from a lot of spots - though that one does a great job of showing it.