View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 26, 2008, 10:17 PM

Nice shots, p.g...thanks for posting those. I can see Avalon from my work building, and it's neat to see façade panels going onto the upper levels first, as shown in your first pic. Not too often you see that.

And I too like 1500 Owens...Alexandria is going with some pretty interesting architecture on a lot of their projects in Mission Bay. Reminder: Check out their site for details on their projects. They've posted some new info on and renderings of 600 and 650 Misson Rock recently.

On a related note, 1450 Owens and 600 and 650 Mission Rock are going before the Planning Commission in a few days. It doesn't mean construction will start anytime soon, but it's progress!

The Pier 70 shipyard has a new visitor, Star Princess. No camera today, or I'd post a pic or two...an impressive ship.

And following up on my note yesterday regarding the arrival of the crane for UCSF's cardiovascular research building, steel has begun arriving. They've also installed a lift, even though it's a lift to nowhere at the moment. Screenshot from CVRB webcam: