View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbud View Post
Other than a new Delta Club at T5, will there be other new lounges going in? I think British Airways, SAS, Swissair, KLM/Air France, and Swissport have lounges there now. I'd assume all SkyTeam airlines will now use the new Delta lounge, but I have heard nothing else in regards to new lounges in T5. Before the T5 expansion project was even a plan, one of the biggest complaints was how few lounges and space existed in T5.

If my memory serves me correct, I think the Swiss and SAS lounges are rather small. With other Star Carriers that don't have lounges at T5 (Turkish, Austrian, Ethiopian, Air New Zealand, Air India) I wonder if they can handle the traffic.

Would Emirates put a lounge in for just one flight per day? Qatar? Qater at least has two flights per day.
I think there's a lounge for British Airways, but from what I recall when I flew to London last Sep., it was closed. So.... I would assume they are redoing lounges for at least some airlines. I would absolutely love to see an Emirates lounge at O'Hare...... There's only a couple BA flights out of T5, so I see no reason why Emirates (with all of their gushing Emirates support) couldn't have a flashy lounge at an airport the size of O'Hare. According to their website, Air France is their partner lounge.

And I too would love to see Emirates bring the 380 to Chicago. It's the perfect excuse to book a ticket to Dubai. Of course... I would have to get a business class ticket to get in on that top floor bar. Anyone looking to buy an organ?