View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewbs View Post
Here's a photo from yesterday:

Counting up from the mechanical floors, 58 has the smaller opening to the elevators, consistent with that being mechanical on the stacking plan with just one elevator bank.

In terms of extra height, if the stacking plan was to scale, then 51 looks to me like it got significantly extended.
Thx for pic. Yeah 51 got extended but 50 got shortened. The first setback was originally between 50 to 51 and they changed that from 51 to 52 I believe. It's hard to tell if those new floors 52 and 53 are set back from 51 but I think someone said earlier they are. Those other floors 52 and 53 do look a little larger as well compared to 47 and 48 so maybe some height was added to those too.

Hard to eyeball from photos from the river against number of pixels on a schematic - but here at SSP our speculative abilities know no limits.

Additionally it seems that Floor 57 will be the 'Ohana Floor" I'm assuming?

Quote:
An events penthouse
Rather than a penthouse, an events space — or “Ohana floor” — will occupy the top floor of Salesforce’s Chicago tower. It will be the company’s sixth Ohana floor and feature what Schneider describes as a staffed “exposition kitchen” that offers 360-degree views of Chicago and Lake Michigan.

By day, the Ohana floor will host employee events and meetings with clients. After hours and on weekends, though, it will be available free of charge to nonprofit organizations that want to book it for fundraising events. To date, Salesforce offerings like the Ohana rooms have helped charitable causes raise $5.1 million, according to Schneider.

Benioff has said this spirit of giving is the company’s “secret weapon.”

“By integrating philanthropy into our business model our employees feel that they do much more than just work at our company.”
via https://www.builtinchicago.org/2019/...chicago-office

Gotta figure out a way to get up there when it's done ha.