View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I agree with everything you say except for the parent part. That makes it even more difficult. There is still a lot to be said for working in an office. They won't be the same as they were, but they will come back.
I am a parent and my partner works. This would be very difficult for me if I didn't work from home (if I am looking back to my hour long commute days, a 10 minute walk to the office is a different story). To make it work, I'd likely have to stop going to the gym, and since I am the cook, takeout would be much more commonplace....I'd probably take years off my life.

That said, it most certainly can suck always feeling 'connected'. The office used to be for work, and home used to be for relaxation. Now the kitchen is for work, the family room is for work, I check email at night before I go to bed....it definitely takes a mental toll - once I am out of the toddler years and the world opens up again I will likely try to find a happy medium. I'm lucky in that I have an office I can go to if I get too stir crazy, but it has never been a requirement.