View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 15, 2022, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdoSeclorum View Post
This seems a little hyperbolic. It's exactly 0.5 miles from Ogilvie to 900 W Randolph. And the Green and Pink lines are pretty far from being at capacity. The Ashland bus is a serviceable way to get to Fulton market. Doesn't mean it can't and shouldn't be better to make sure the area reaches its potential.

This area is one of our more frequent date-night destinations and when we drive, it's always easy to find street parking on Randolph or Lake. I don't even worry about it. It's much harder to find parking in Pilsen. Of course, I have no problem taking transit or a taxi and don't think the availability of parking is a positive.
I agree with this. Having lived down in the West Loop last Summer with a car, I found it actually much more convenient to get around the city from the West Loop as opposed to somewhere like Lakeview. The only advantage there was being close to LSD, otherwise it was a bitch to get anywhere West or Southwest.

As mentioned, there's way better access/connection from the West Loop than people probably realize. You have two CTA L lines running through. You have very close proximity to the Kennedy. Said CTA lines are a couple stops away from full CTA connections. You mentioned the Ashland bus, but there's also the Halsted route too, which takes you straight up to LP/LV.

Overall, it could be much worse.