View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 9, 2022, 3:26 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by left of center View Post
I feel that plan screws over locals (and the thousands of O'Hare employees that take transit to work) in favor of out of town business travelers. Or at the least, that's how critics will sell it and it will be dead in the water.

You other plan of adding 2 more tracks to the I-90 median that connects the NCS line to the Blue line O'Hare subway station would be the best solution, and while the median trackage could be fairly easy, tunneling to the station and then expanding said station will be very costly. The flyover trackage connecting the I-90 median tracks with the NCS line wouldn't be a walk in the park either. In my opinion, these would be funds well spent. But not sure if our elected leaders would agree. Hopefully someone behind the scenes is working on getting funds from the Biden Infrastructure plan for something like this though.
O'Hare employees are scattered all over the airfield though, they're less likely to be heading to T1/T2/T3 than the average traveler. To me a remote Blue Line terminal is more convenient for them. But I guess any workers that aren't in the terminals are driving to work?

I don't think you actually need to tunnel the last 1/2 mile and terminal station if you're willing to lose some of the surface parking. The O'Hare Express terminal could be at-grade in Lot B.

Last edited by ardecila; Jun 9, 2022 at 3:37 PM.