View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 19, 2019, 7:31 PM

It's worth mentioning that the structure on this site is a foundation/podium for a 30s hotel (Crowne Plaza Hotel) that was abandoned during construction in 2004 due to financial struggles. The top of the stump appears to have a floorplate for a tower already and can support up to 40s according to a news article I read, but the 72s plans for this tower would require totally redoing the central foundation of the structure.

The fact that a buyer could easily cop out and only do the 40s without having to redo the foundation work makes me think that this developer is serious with wanting to put this building up. They do appear to be preserving the shape of the podium, though, which will definitely save some time.

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread