View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Again and again and again: You should care, not for them but because they are breeding the vaccine-resistant virus that may eventually get any of us who are vaccinated because we are not keeping up in developing and testing new vaccines as fast as the virus is creating new "variants" (although we probably could if the bureaucrats would get out of the way).
And again, again, again, again, again, again........ We have DATA.

The vast vast vast majority of those who are vaccinated are protected from severe illness that results in hospitalizations/deaths. If the day comes that bubonic variant emerges that blasts through vaccines and gives us the rate of illness on par with the original strain across both unvaccinated and vaccinated, then, and ONLY then would I be ok with putting my mask back on and distancing until I get a booster to protect myself.

Until that day comes there is zero evidence to care for people who choose not to get vaccinated.

EDIT - Back on the topic of the thread - There has been an uptick in mask usage here in the downtown area, but the majority of folks aren't wearing masks inside, and most places aren't enforcing any sort of private mandate at their business.