View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 6:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionist View Post
If it's still Foster's design that's being modified, and not a completely new design, I predict the subtle vertical pinstriping will be scrapped, along with the even more subtle accentuation to every fourth-or-so floor plate. The indentations on all four sides will perhaps disappear, leaving the tower with eight or ten sides rather than twenty. The diamonds may survive but as inclined glass rather than stepped.

The building's height may be significantly cut down to make it easier to lease all the space, and the podium with the trading floors will swell in size instead.
You are referring to an earlier design. The exposed spandrels at every couple of floors were dropped post-2006 to streamline the facade with vertical stainless steel fins that evoke the twin tower's facade as seen from an angle. To eliminate the indentations on all four sides would mean to introduce column transfer nodes at the podium, so as to simplify the column arrangement above the podium. Remember there are already transition columns at the foundations to make way for the underground roads of the Vehicular Security Center. I think the indentations will be preserved. I do agree with you on the podium trading floors, I think the massing of the tower will remain unchanged with the foundations in place. Can't wait for a rendering to rectify the speculation!