View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2020, 4:10 AM

I hadn't actually thought about that until you guys mentioned it. What is prohibiting this from happening?

I went up to Rockefeller because I heard the view was better than Empire and I wasn't disappointed. I did the day and night pass. Spent an hour up there. Also been up in Ottawa, Montreal, Niagara, Pittsburgh and Chicago along with some smaller places, including college campuses. Really wanted to try Philly, Buffalo and Detroit but those aren't open on weekends. And I kind of regret not doing it for Cincinnati last year.

You could put me up 5 storeys in an open desert and I'd be impressed.

Doesn't have to be purposely built observation deck. Just a top level you can walk around in or on. Outside like Rockfeller or inside like Place Ville Marie, which I did last year. You only need like 3 employees, no? I remember at PVM it was someone at the desk taking the money and two people sitting on chairs at the top.

Pittsburgh's was the Cathedral of Learning on the campus of Pitt. There was no one taking tickets or anything like that because it's actually a proper campus facility complete with classrooms, labs and offices. I can't imagine there's many other schools around the world with a taller building on their campus.