View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 18, 2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfanman View Post
Woodfield is beautiful, especially in the summer/fall. They've always had a very active community association which keeps a watchful eye on development. I used to live in a great 1920's apartment, 391 Princess. It had a gated elevator that the super called her "James Bond elevator"! There was telephone nook built into the wall and a fold-down ironing board which was hidden behind a wooden door. Really cool.

If you get a chance flar, check out north of Oxford St. Walk up Waterloo to Huron and get a load of St. Peter's Seminary. So beautiful. Go further up to Epworth/Mayfair by King's College and then double back down Waterloo to Regent St. Head west to Regent and Wellington where there's a 2 block section of boulevard that will blow you away. There's a stone house on the corner that is really magnificent. If you're up for more, follow Regent accross Huron and wander around that area to Gibbons Park. I guarantee you'll be snapping photos every 5 seconds!

Also, go to Blackfriars neighbourhood down by the Thames, but make sure you go down Talbot and cross the Blackfriars Bridge. It's a really narrow, iron pre-fab structure. The neighbourhood isn't grand but it's really quaint. You can follow the river to Labatt Park, a classic old ballpark.

Check out Wortley Village while you're at it, you won't regret it.

OK, I'm done!
You know London well. I used to live in the Blackfriars area, then downtown. Whenever I manage to get back to London I'll be touring Old South/Wortley Village. But I am tempted to go into that nice area north of Oxford.