View Single Post
Old Posted May 16, 2023, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Kate Spade and Tory Burch.

But your point stands. RL's Purple Label and Collection both sit well into lux, with price points at or above Burberry's and on par with LV/Dior's. Other than these two labels, I cannot think of a single American full-lineup apparel brand with a true lux footprint.

Polo? CK? RLX? Premium labels. Tommy? Barely premium, more on par with Lacoste. DKNY plummeted after it left LVMH and started G-III and is now squarely premium.

I'll give you Tumi for lux, but obviously this isn't a full apparel brand. Ditto for Estee Lauder, with a real portfolio of lux beauty (even if Jo Malone is from London). And Tiffany. I guess there is some good category American lux.

But other than Purple Label/Collection, no true lux full-lineup labels.
Also, scratch Tom Ford. Just found out right now he sold the brand to Estee Lauder and is leaving. Estee Lauder isn’t exactly Perry Ellis Inc., but this just says everything about the US’s inability to be a major playor in high fashion. (Tom Ford said in interviews he was trying to create a true luxury brand on the level of the European houses).

Last edited by ocman; May 16, 2023 at 2:51 AM.