View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2006, 5:56 AM
Show me the blueprints

Want to do and will do are very different things.

If I understand it correctly, South Shore(I hate calling it by that stupid acronym, when you have a brand as awesome as South Shore Line, why would want to go by the operater name?)Phew! Now that that's off my chest... Anyways, if I understand it correctly, South Shore (unfortunitely) plans on running dual-mode equipment on these extentions insead of constructing costly, but much more awesome catenary. That means one of two things:

1) Similar looking to current MU's that have both a roof top pantograph and a cab car with a diesel-electric motor, or...

2) I Hope not but... A diesel-electric loco with rooftop pantograph operating as push pull, ala Metra style.

I really hope they see the light and go all out for an overhead electric system. The South Shore is America's last true electric interurban. Let's capitalize on that and expand what makes it good in the first place.

The extensions would be great, i just would like to see them done with some foresight.

That reminds me of a favorite expression of mine:
"Hindsight is like foresight, but without a future."

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding