View Single Post
Old Posted May 7, 2020, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
I think these buildings will be very prominent, especially when viewed entering downtown via University Bridge.

I am not saying these building need to be architectural landmarks; by definition they will be landmarks. Given the choice of "this or nothing" (a false choice BTW) then I say build them. But these will be commie blocks, no doubt about it.

I'll go further... IMHO these are---by far---the ugliest tall buildings proposed or built anywhere in Canada in the last decade (based on browsing this forum); but hey, it's Saskatoon, and City Park to boot!

This concludes my postings re. the architectural merits of these buildings. I've made my position clear (as it it counts for anything haha). Hundreds of people living there should invigorate the neighbourhood. Build away!!
I agree - many of the proponents (defenders?) of these buildings are presenting a false set of alternatives: either it will be world class architecture or we settle for whatever garbage we're left with. There is definitely a middle ground where the city expects decent architecture, especially given the importance and prominence of this development. Let's hope that Baydo is willing to listen to feedback and makes some changes that will make the building less of a dated, heavy structure.