View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 21, 2006, 4:42 PM
Registered

Especially when she won't lift a finger for the real music or cultural institutions that do (did) exist in her ward - Palm Tavern, Checkerboard Lounge, the old movie theatre on 35th and Michigan, the Forum building at 43rd and King, etc.

I couldn't believe that "Plaza" development when I first saw it. There are lots all over the place there, and it's on one of the city's grandest boulevards. Who needs a plaza, and why do things need to be torn down? Plus, by tearing down that beautiful building, they have exposed the ugly blank rowhouse walls of the building to the south (shown in the rendering), and eroded the urban quality of the corner.

One thing I should mention is that I don't know exactly who started the talk of demolishing the structure. It may well have been the city's fast-track demolition program. But we all know that nothing goes down in her Ward without her control, so I really don't care how it started exactly. Even Landmarks is afraid to suggest things there, lest she start a tantrum.

Last edited by honte; Oct 21, 2006 at 4:48 PM.