View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 3:19 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
The NICU here is full of newborns with complications from Omicron (to the extent that the resident who did our intake said they're taking any babies that are at all sick directly to the NICU so that they can be monitored for complications) . Sure they probably don't die most of the time, but it doesn't sound fun to not be able to take your baby home (and if you're COVID+, you're not allowed to visit the NICU, or at least that's what our OB said when he urged us not to get COVID before delivery).

But thanks (and if you think I'm cautious about COVID, you should meet my wife... She walked 1.8 miles both ways in below-freezing weather when 38 weeks pregnant to her OB appointments because she didn't want to risk getting COVID in a bus or Uber, then she waited standing up outside the waiting room for 40 mins because another patient wasn't wearing her mask correctly).
Yeah, I mean when it comes to women giving birth, I generally make an exception for my criticism of overly protective and irrational behavior. You can't argue with women/Moms

And babies are truly such a gift. So whatever.....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q