View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 11, 2022, 4:09 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineDrive View Post
Look, the idea is “cool” - How can you not love those renderings? but it should not be the primary transportation option.

It’s nice to have a novelty like that go from alameda to Union to Ds. But again as a primary option? No.

Metro should have the WSAB branch go through Downtown, go to DS and then up toward Glendale or something to that effect.

However it’s done Metro should have a station at Dodger Stadium. Just as the Sepulveda line should have a station at SoFi/Intuit but no transit agency botches things the way Metro does.
I agree that a Metro station at Dodger Stadium would be most ideal, but is there a way to do it that wouldn't cost a ton of money? I wonder what the research shows as far as which parts of LA most of the fans are coming from. Would it be cost effective to extend the WSAB (I'm assuming you're thinking about Alternative 1) to a station at Dodger Stadium? I'm guessing it would basically follow the proposed gondala route. Continue along the L Line to Chinatown Station and then branch off and go elevated over Cottage Home St or Bishops Rd, and then over the 110? The aerial structure would have to go up pretty high to make it over that hill up to the stadium, which is why I think they went with the gondola. The other alternative would be to go underground and tunnel into the hill. Adding a stop there, and then continuing down Vin Scully Ave on the other side with a Sunset Blvd subway, with stations in Echo Park and Silver Lake, and eventually connecting with the B Line.