View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 24, 2005, 7:30 PM
Cityslicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Pride
This city is amazing to me... The city is beautiful and dense and booming! I like most all of the new projects and the architecture is just wonderful... I find myself fascinated by this place (and the rest of Israel too) but I am a bit bewildered too. What are the major industries in Tel Aviv? Is there a certain sector of the economy that is booming? Or is the whole economy just doing well? TalB, I would love to hear about Tel Aviv and the rest of Israel; any info about the latest trends in the country. Is their alot of immigrants moving to the country? Is the whole country growing? Info about the country such as quality of life; housing costs; that type of thing.... Thanks!
Much of Tel Aviv's new projects are in certain areas like the Kirya and Rothschild Blvd, while the rest are pretty much on the Eastside. Its major industries are metal, defense, machinery, technology, tourism, and education. I would guess that the sector of the economy is industry and business. It is no lie that Israel is getting a lot of immigrants since it's a democracy, and Tel Aviv is a pretty diverse city, though Haifa and Jerusalem have a higher diversity. I insist that you go here to know more about its economy or read the english version of Globes since it's the Wall St version of the Israeli economy b/c this thread is more about projects going on in Tel Aviv, so anything else will be irrelevant.