View Single Post
Old Posted May 3, 2022, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
Things were headed this direction before COVID. I rode Septa for decades and I would take my (now) older kids on Septa "joyrides." The last couple of trips in before COVID reminded me of what the subway and Suburban were like in my childhood. I haven't been back and am sad that the younger kids have yet to have the joy of riding a "real" train (vs. trips to Strasburg).
Well, I think that's what annoys me the most about the response from 'leadership'. They all blame covid. Kenney about the tax base problems. Krasner with the crime. Carlton Williams with the trash and streets dept. Richard's with the subway. All blame COVID as if these weren't the most pressing quality of life issues prior to the pandemic too. The only thing the pandemic did was bring these problems to a head. They 100% existed before as you correctly point out. The broad street line is a much better experience, but city hall / 15th street station itself is a major problem. I understand not being able to control the problems on the ground around the Berks station and ones north of there, but the fact there has been no attempt to do anything about the biggest and busiest station is absolutely crazy. Beyond Allan Domb, Rebecca Rhynhart, and like Curtis Jones, I don't think a single person has earned a re-election or deserves to be reappointed for a longer term in any of their positions. I honestly 100% believe that Kenney quit on the city when people started to attack his daughter online. In the city's greatest time of need, he has completely vanished from view.