View Single Post
Old Posted May 16, 2022, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
I did not know this. Not like Houston then...
Yes, many of these downtowns have nice public parks, restaurants, shops, libraries, cafes, a city hall, and are all walkable. Gwinnett County has historic Norcross, downtown Duluth, downtown Suwanee (my favorite), downtown Sugar Hill, downtown Lawrenceville, Lilburn. Suwanee and Duluth's downtowns are close to numerous Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Indian stores/restaurants/cafes. Buford is in the process of building a huge downtown under construction.

Outside of Gwinnett, you have downtown Alpharetta (with Avalon nearby), Johns Creek is currently starting the process of building their own downtown, downtown Decatur (old video a lot more has been built up here), downtown Marietta, Vinings, Sandy Springs 1, and Sandy Springs near the new State Farm buildings and marta where a lot of new condos are going up, downtown Woodstock, maybe you can consider The Battery as a Cumberland downtown.

There are other downtowns both historic and that are under development that I didn't include here in Atlanta's core metro area.