View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
you've been periodically complaining about above ground parking podiums for the last 15 years.

i think it's pretty fucking safe to say that we all know what your position is on the matter by now.

you can complain about about it for another 15 years (and i'm sure you will), and i'll bet dollars to donuts that absolutely nothing will change from a government standpoint.

the only way the parking podiums in chicago go away is through market forces as the demand for personally owned automobiles dries up in the coming decades.
Do you think I don't know this?

Of course that's true. And downtown Chicago will be the worse for it, for the rest of our lifetimes and beyond. This forum is full of wishful thinking and I'm contributing my own.

Meanwhile I had two meetings in the City (of London) today and didn't see a single sign of a parking garage, walking all over the place. Sigh.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov