View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 22, 2010, 3:07 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

I can't tell you how much I've seen the area tangibly feel more crowded and congested both on the streets and on the sidewalks and later into the night than usual. I'm not just talking about the revitalization downtown, but in the suburbs where for much of the second half of this decade everything had kind of frozen in time. I'm not sure if the growth has happened soon enough to show up in Census counts -- most of what I've seen and felt seems to have started taking place, literally, in the first month of this year, but it'll show up in subsequent estimates.

Kind of tying into that is Lansing Delta Township Assembly (LDT), which brought 600 new residents (and their families) to the area earlier this year...

Quote:

GM to put $37M investment into Delta Twp. auto plant

Barbara Wieland • bwieland@lsj.com • October 21, 2010 • From Lansing State Journal

DELTA TWP. - General Motors Co. will spend $37 million on new tooling and equipment at its Lansing Delta Township assembly plant.

Plant manager Scott Whybrew said GM wants to keep the plant on the "cutting edge." The factory opened in 2006 and is considered the most modern domestic plant in GM's portfolio.

The Delta Township plant already is operating at maximum capacity, turning out Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia and Chevrolet Traverse crossovers. The plant's 3,896 workers are divided into three shifts and frequently work six days a week.

Last edited by LMich; Oct 22, 2010 at 9:33 AM.