View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 22, 2022, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughfb3 View Post
I do really love how they created this big fountain at the corner of the intersection for the public to enjoy.

I recall going by there through the yrs, before the owner's Davinci proj, & certainly ferrante proj, when it was mainly parking lots to the east & north, & that corner was the windowless BofA processing center. GH Palmer & his advisers, executives, architects, do show questionable taste in duplicating the exact same faux Tuscan facade for all their apt projs in dt, except the one on broadway (due to design codes). But the land their bldgs have gone up on has previously been among the most lifeless & marginal in the area.

This very long vid....I fast forwarded through most of it....gives a complete street view of sections of dtla on what looks like Halloween night....the Mayan club is right next to Onni's proj at Olympic & Hill St, & partygoers can be seen walking past Onni's construction barricade. That's another part of dt that I recall used to be very lifeless & marginal...so it's gratifying seeing it move to the next level. When Onni's highrise apt bldg is open & occupied, that will be another shot in the arm.

Waiting for all the improvements is a test of patience, but time is going by faster & faster. I still recall wondering when the Broadway Palace apt proj from Palmer was going to be built a few blocks east from Onni's current proj.

https://youtu.be/-2b29a9g_dk?t=1931