View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 13, 2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Nashville is totally the next Austin. Also the new tallest looks amazing (the rendering in the second to last post). Has that been approved yet?
It has been approved and preliminary demolition of the YMCA buildings to come down has started.
They have to do work to clear the old YMCA out to the rear of the building in order to demo that. The Demo permits have been applied for the two buildings that will come down. They will come down in two sections.

I spoke to Tony Giarratana the developer and he said if everything is on track construction should start in earnest around the first of the year.

In other news the 570' Ritz will start in the next two months. Final paperwork is being signed now and that has been the delay there. It should start no later than just after the first of the year. With that being said the 610' 800 Lea should start shortly thereafter as it will not start until the Ritz starts. That is from the developer as well.

The 380' Sinclair on West End about 2 miles from the core is about to start as well. It should be starting around December from what I heard last.

The 350' 125 11th North and the Marriott Edition should start right after the first of the year in the Gulch.

The first phase of the Hines project on Broadway is due to start in 2023 as well. The Paseo 3 & 4 are also due to start this coming year.

I know more about other pending announcements that I cannot share as some of these are still fluid and may not happen.

Start dates on other towers are all subject to other conditions. The 2nd & Peabody & Centrum projects are being held up in court by 3 residents of the City Lights Condos trying to stop the projects in court with any and every means they can but will soon find out their lawyer is taking them for a ride to the bank as everything so far has been struck down in court. After that is finished, then those two-three tower projects should start.