View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 7, 2022, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
ASU has a decent sports program. Its just not a top 10 program.

ASU alumni want it to be a top ten. And sometimes they are teased that they can be a top ten. But they simply aren't.

They are like a 25-15 program unsurprisingly where they usually end up in a typical season.

There's hundreds of schools out there that wish they could be a top 25 too.
Agreed. I think it has the "potential" of being a Top 25 but they just don't have the booster money or alumni base donations to achieve it. Many alumni moan about it but will not support the program via donations. OR they don't get their butts over to sit on a stadium seat and support the program that way. I understand the problems w/ the current AD but choosing not to renew your football season tickets because of Ray/Herm hurts the program and AD even more and will take longer to recover. All this to say, yes, ASU needs Omni to happen and along w/ everything on the Novus Corridor.

Unfortunately, I think this speaks for most of the Valley sports in the region. The City will only get behind a team if it's experiencing success. Phoenix will always be a basketball town and I think the Suns are the only team exempt from this (although fan support was pretty much down during the rough stretch, but I think that was more due to mismanagement and just an overall hatred of Sarver LOL)