View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 25, 2021, 10:13 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpIllInoIs View Post
Thanks Randomguy34, Very Interesting.. I did keep trying to see the current Rail row work happening on the CN/RI. A brief glimpse in your video at 2:05 and 2:40, But it cuts away before the reveal of the actual crossing and new underpass.
Thanks for the post.
There's not much to see at this time, the first underpass at the SCAL is done but the river bridge is still closed. I think BNSF or CN is taking the opportunity to replace the waterproofing on the concrete SCAL viaduct west of the river.

The second underpass (Freeport Sub) is in progress but there's not much to see, crews are still trying to sink caissons through the underground thicket of old rails and retaining walls that I posted upthread. Because Freeport Sub is still seeing active trains, they can't build the bridge in 10 weeks like the first one.

No changes to the Rock Island as of yet; I assume for staging purposes they will build the concrete tunnel before relocating the tracks, but they won't build the tunnel until they're ready to develop something.

Last edited by ardecila; Aug 25, 2021 at 10:24 PM.