View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 9, 2021, 1:18 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
I've never been a fan of tacked-on "spires" a la 1WTC, NYT, BofA, One Vanderbilt... so I'm glad they're not planning to attach yet another awkward pole or antenna on the city's new tallest. I hope that NYC has finally gotten that crap out of its system.

I'd would be nice to see a new prominent-on-the-skyline building with an actual spire, one that is an undeniable and integral component of the structure's design -- ESB, Chrysler, 40 Wall Street.

Well, this is an actual spire, one that was not just "tacked on". It was integrated into the design, so much so that an element of it remains. It clearly was no awkward pole. The design could have been much better, but that was no tack on, and was much better designed for the tower than what they did with the Trump Tower Chicago.

But they could tack on a large antenna for all I care. As it is now, the building is as dull at 1,500 ft tower as you can get on the skyline.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJv6ON1Dpjg/

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.