View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 7:48 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Yeah, I said it needs to match global standards. It doesn't - like having a proper one-seat-ride to the CBD. I would expect such things for a city that claims to be the world's capital - i.e, your signature. And LaGuardia is the smallest airport. I'm talking about the whole airport system which is sub par. JFK is an outdated airport design with several terminals overcrowded or having been built in the mid-century.

And again, you sound annoyed and come across as brusque. Chill out. I obviously want NY to do better for its own benefit.

Not annoyed at all, I'm actually laughing at you, like you can't be serious. Take whatever billions you think should be spent to "impress" the world, and spend it on the subways. Then whatever you have left of that, get a rebuilt bus station and spice up Penn a little more. But if you can throw in an extra billion or two, there are some schools, parks, and other things more important than an "impressive" airport (by your standards) that could use the extra bucks. Thanks in advance.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.