View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 5:04 PM

Hey Sunsetmountainland! Happy to see you enjoyed the pics of the Garry Oaks in Victoria, and thanks for sharing the info about the altitude range - it makes sense when you think of the conditions that would allow it to thrive in Southern California: “It grows from sea level to an altitude of 690 feet (210 metres) in the northern part of its range, and from 980 to 5,900 ft (300 to 1,800 m) in the south of the range in California”.

Scaper - really nice Nanaimo pictures! It’s looking good in the sun. I’m surprised Nanaimo’s downtown has struggled for decades (when was the last time it was prospering.. maybe the 1950’s?) especially with all the recent growth. It would be great to see it follow a Kelowna path as it’s better located on Vancouver Island than Victoria and it would be nice to have another city that is a significant urban attraction.

Hali87- also nice pics of Halifax in the sun! Thanks for sharing

I’m still working on my Victoria March pics, in the meantime here’s a couple of nice ones from Flickr:

The Birdcage by Kevin Boyd, on Flickr

Chasing Highs by Carrie Cole Photography, on Flickr

And no there isn’t a cargo terminal in Victoria, but this ship needed emergency repairs and had to offload the cargo in Victoria and get attended to.

Ogden Point by Per@vicbcca, on Flickr

DSCF3198 by Victoria BC Canada, on Flickr