View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 10, 2021, 10:57 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
I just flew into LaGuardia this morning on United and let me just say WOW!! Wow Wow WOW!!! What a transformation! Gorgeous. I have flown into LaGuardia a number of times, the last was in 2018 and it was all still such a sh*tshow. I was so happy that we were flying out of Newark which was so much nicer at the time. I cannot believe the transformation. Truly. It is mind boggling. The main Departure entrance / headhouse? is spectacular looking as you descend the escalators to ground transport. And the United gates!! It used to look like a rundown bus terminal, but this! Really Really Nice! Only thing that seemed off to me was the amount of carpeting.

I knew from looking at the pictures that the transformation was fantastic, but being there in person really brings it home. THIS is the airport that NY needs. What a way to arrive!
You aren't kidding Over the decades I've visited New York City, for whatever reason arrival flights landed in LaGuardia, I've never experienced JFK or Newark. That said, I remember all too well on a Wednesday in 1993, the dinge, the vile-bile green carpet with stains of god-only-knows-what origins, you name it. That evening I was at Limelight on Disco 2000 night and all that entails and a week of clubbing like one could in their 20s and almost three decades later *still* can remember and yet can't unsee how god-awful LaGuardia was back in the day.

Fast forward to 2018 when the redevelopment was on its way but yes still a sh!tshow. I thought well at least it looks like they'll at least clean it up. Then two weeks ago we flew out of LaGuardia - it was like Star Trek Federation headquarters - I couldn't believe how modern, clean ... I dare say immaculate? I joked with my husband that if our flight home got delayed I wouldn't mind