View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2013, 11:40 PM

I just took a couple of east valley folks on a tour of downtown to scout out places for holiday work parties, and they were really impressed with all of the activity and changes taking place downtown since they were last down here at least 5 years ago. They said it actually felt "alive". Living down here myself I obviously have mixed feelings. Yes, there are a ton of great new things popping up, but I'm not seeing any cohesion and planning that ties everything together. Everything is a bit random, but I'm sure in time as things fill in that randomness will make for a great downtown.

The green planter boxes are interesting in that they add some color, but I hate how awkwardly they are placed. Almost as if they were unloaded straight from the truck and not put in ideal positions. I do like the added greenery, hopefully these plants can grow in to something more than what they currently look like.

Also loving all the repainted street signs at the intersections and the various colors painted in the dead zones. I hope they maintain these and not let them fade, chip, or get too dirty.

Driving down by ASU and Roosevelt as First Friday preparations were underway felt really great! I really hope this area continues to fill in. The open lot dirt murals look pretty cool at eye level as you can't tell what they are, but instantly notice all of the added color.