View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 1, 2006, 11:06 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
...the landlords can make so much more money from a wide array of better retailers all clamoring for space on the street, that they are doing everything in their power to kick out the non-performing retailers, whether they be stuffy old department stores...
Your right, nothing says progress like losing iconic bastions like historical department stores that have been embedded in the identity of a place for generations.

If even more homogenous corporate chain retailing at the expense of local institutions is heralded as progress, I fear for what we will welcome in the future. And I understand Carson's was owned by a larger corporate parent, but it held of very real regional Chicago image that should have stayed on State Street. I'm crossing my fingers for an announcment to reopen the store in the future.

All the great State Street department stores have been narrowed to one, who would have imagined it would be Sears?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding