View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 18, 2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
Thanks, I'm glad you guys like my photographs.

One thing I forgot to mention in regards to this question is that I think it is good to only show your very best stuff. When I first started doing photo threads I would go on a walk, take maybe 200 photographs and post 40 of them. Now when I go on a walk I take the same number of photos but only use 2 or 3 of them. At least that is the case with my Minneapolis and St Paul photos, obviously if I go to another city and only have a day or two to shoot it becomes much more compressed. But still, my Savannah tour started with 2000 photos shot in a day and a half, which I boiled down to 79 photos for the final thread.

If people only see your top shelf stuff they are going to think you are a much better photographer.

I can relate to that. When I didn't really appreciate photography I posted every shot I took because I didn't see much a difference between any of them. Nowadays I have a more critical eye for framing/lighting, so I end up shooting less shots but try to convert that into higher quality. I've been going through all the 10,000+ shots of Oakland I've taken and picking out the best ones... I'll probably end up with somewhere around 200 shots.

Getting back to your point though, IMO that's what every photographer does regardless of skill level. Nobody shoots 100%... there's always going to be some duds in a set.